The 21st Annual Capital City Marching Festival
We hope you're planning to join us for the the 21st annual Capital City Marching Festival on Saturday, October 5, 2013, at Toney Burger Center in South Austin. Check back in early May to register for this year's Festival.
The Crockett and LBJ High School Band Boosters thank the 28 bands and their supporters who participated in the 2012 Cap City Festival and hope you had as a good a time as we did. We hope you all make it back this year for another shot at marching glory.
What does Cap City offer your band?
- Competition at four classification levels – A, AA, AAA, AAAA – based on number of winds
- Expert adjudicators who are the best in their caption areas
- Detailed scoring and comments, including a CD of judges' audio comments as well as a video recording of your band's performance
- An accessible location in central Austin
- An ALL-WEATHER artificial stadium surface at a UIL competition field
- Ample bus, pit truck/trailer, and spectator parking
- Assignment of a dedicated Cap City host to greet each band when it arrives and guide it through the competition process
- Excellent, well-separated warm-up areas
- More than 2,000 enthusiastic spectators
- Publicity outreach to local band communities
- Multiple on-site water stations, rest rooms, and a first-aid station staffed by medical professionals
- Professional still photos and performance videos available for purchase
- Reasonably priced food concessions, including the famous Cap City Curly Fries, excellent souvenirs, and a high-quality keepsake program
- Almost two decades of experience in marching festival operations
The Capital City Marching Festival (CCMF) provides the absolute best competition in Class A, AA, AAA, AAAA. The CCMF presents the opportunity for bands to prepare for UIL marching band competition. Experienced judges view the competition from high above the stadium surface in order to provide constructive comments and scores that allow each band an opportunity to assess what is working well and what needs improvement as the UIL competition season approaches.
If you would like to purchase an advertisement in our 2013 Souvenir Program click here to download a PDF of the 2013 Ad Packet, which includes information about rates, ad sizes, and technical specifications.